My two passions in Life.......FOOD AND PHOTOGRAPHY
I used 3 recipes and a bit of a la Hanli to come up with this Spicy Ginger Biscuit Recipe.
250 g Margarine
625 ml Sugar
200 ml Ginger Preserve cut into fine pieces
3 Extra large eggs
125 ml Molasses
1750 ml ( 7 cups) of Cake flour
5 ml Salt
15 ml Ground Ginger
15 ml Baking Powder
15 ml Bicarbonate of Soda
2 ml Ground Cloves
2 ml Ground Nutmeg
15 ml Cinnamon
5 ml Ground Cardamom
1. Beat margarine and sugar together
2. Add eggs, beating well until light and fluffy. Mix in molasses and ginger preserve
3. Sift dry ingredients together,add to the egg mixture, mix until a soft dough is formed.
4. Roll the dough into small balls and place on a greased baking tray - leave enough room in- between the biscuits, flatten with the underside of a glass or a fun cookie press.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degrees C for 12 -15 minutes.
6. Leave the biscuits to cool for a few minutes on the baking tray then transfer onto a cooling rack.